Below are some of the key findings & facts from the Education and Housing surveys already undertaken by ICAP. In the Fall of 2017 the Heathcare Survey will be conducted. Would you like to contribute to this and future surveys? You can sign up here.
KEY FINDINGS: Education SURVEY
Late in 2016 and early 2017 the ICAP Education survey sought to understand what the international community had to say, and thought about education, international or otherwise. We wanted to know where & how the community found the resources needed to meet the educational needs of their families; and just as importantly which were the challenges they confronted. Some of the key findings included:
- The main sources of information about education are friends and family, expat websites and workmates.
- Just a tiny fraction used the expat centre.
- Closeness to home is the most important factor in choosing a school
- Nearly half would go for a Dutch school if there were more teaching in English
- Seven in 10 of respondents with children at an international school had no help with fees
- Seven in 10 are satisfied or very satisfied with the quality of their children’s education
- Seven in 10 plan to stay at least five years in NL